THE SAYYID DYNASTY
SAYYID DYNASTY (1414-1451AD)
- This Dynasty took over the Delhi sultanate after the decline of the Tughlaqs. Timur invaded Hindustan in the 1398 AD. He looted Delhi and returned. At the end, he left appointed Khizr khan as the sultan of Delhi.
Khizr Khan (1414-1421AD)
- The founder of the this Dynasty.
- He adopted the title of Riyat-i-Ala.
Mubarak Shah (1421-1434AD)
- Mubarak Shah was the son of khizr Khan
- He was not an efficient sultan and was killed by his nobles. He was buried in the Kotla Mubarakpur in Delhi .
Mohammad Shah (1434-1443A)
- Nobles nominated him as the Sultan.
- He was also an inefficient ruler and was thrown out. His tomb was found found at the Lodhi garden in Delhi.
Alam Shah (1443-1451AD)
- He was the last ruler of the this Dynasty.
- He invited Bahlul Lodi and handed him over the throne of Delhi.
Play the Quiz as follows