GIST OF MEDIEVAL INDIA AT A GLANCE
Medieval Indian History encompasses between the 600AD -1600 AD. This period witnesses the end of Vedic age and the golden history of Powerful kings such as the Gupta dynasty and other important dynasties. It satrted with the invasion of the Arab and Afghans in the 8th century AD
In medieval Indian History
In 712 AD, Mohd Bin Qasim Invaded India and conquered Sindh Area.
-Sultan Mahmud of Ghzni attacked 17 times to India. In most of his expeditions he destroyed most of the rich temples of the Hindu culture. In 1025 AD, He raided the most celebrated temple of Somnath near Kathiawar looted a lot of gold and treasures to his country.
– Mohammad Ghori invaded India in 1191 AD and fought a war with Prithviraj Chauhan at Tarain(1st Battle Of Tarain) and was defeated.
-Again in 1192, Ghori attacked Prithviraj Chauhan and defeated him in the 2nd Battle Of Tarain.by thiws wayt he led the foundation of the Muslim dominion in India and then started the Delhi Sultanate.
Dynasties in the medieval Indian history
Mohd ghori after conquering westen part of Indian subcontinent looted the enormous property from Indian temples and treasures and left his viceroy to rule over Delhi. this made the foundation of the Delhi Sultanate
(a) Qutub-ud-in Aibak(1206-1210AD)
-He was considered the founder of this dynasty.
-This dynasy is otherwise known as the Ilbari dynasty.
– Qutub-ud-in Aibak led the foundation of the Qutub Minar.
-He is also known as Lal baksh because of his generosity.
– Also built the Adhadin ki Jhopra at Ajmer.
– He died while playing Polo.
– He made a group of 40 Turkish noble known as turkan-e-Chahalgani or Chalisha in order to confront the attack of the Mongols.
– Started a system known as the Ikta system.
-Iltutmish finished the Qutub Minar.
-He introduced the silver coins known as the Silver tanka and copper coins known as the Copper jital.
(c) Razia Sultan(1236-1240AD):
– She is the first and the last Muslim ruler of the Medieval India.
-As a women she faced a lot of rebellion from the nobles of the Muslim.
– He disregarded the Purdah system. She married Atunia (Governor of Bhatinda).
– Bahram Shah, son of Iltutmish killed her.
-Balban was a very powerful king of this dynasty and made many difference in the sultanate.
-He declared that king was the deputy of God(Niyabat-e- khudai).
– He also declared that king is the shadow of the god (Zil-e-ilahi) and introduces the practices of Sijdah and paibos.